Theof Institute of Experimental Epileptology and Cognition Research (IEECR) of Bonn University Hospital invites applications for a position as
PhD student (f/m) (Marie Curie Fellow) in
The position is part of a Marie Curie training network RHUMBO, limited to three years, and formally confined to applicants living outside of Germany.
neuroscience, behavioural and experimental economics as well as cognitive, social and evolutionary psychology. Our goal is to integrate physiological and behavioural data to improve our understanding of the deliberation process and motivation behind a given decision with the ultimate goal of improving models of
human choice behaviour. Our group has worked extensively in different domains of values-based choices as the way social contexts and norms are being integrated into behavior, the influence of contextual factors on food choices and how these factors change the weighting of different choice attributes, and understanding of the heterogeneity and determinants of individual preferences.
The European Training Network RHUMBO focuses on modelling and predicting human decision making using measures of subconscious processes through mixed reality interfaces and biometric signals.
- Conduct of research projects focusing on neural correlates risky choices;
- Develop domain specific risk taking tasks together with other European sites on monetary, health and social risks;
- Publication and presentation at national and international conferences;
- High enthusiasm and motivation for research;
- Studies in neuroeconomics or other relevant disciplines;
- Working experience with statistical analysis and parametric mapping software (R, SPM);
- Willingness to travel (spend secondments in Valencia and Copenhagen)
- Excellent communication and writing skills in the English language, proficiency in German desirable;
- Well-organized team player;
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
What we offer:
- An exciting position in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team;
- Flexible working hours and career programmes;
- Employment, salary and social benefits are according to the Public Sector Collective Agreement (E13 TV-L, 100% position).
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete application documents including a cover letter, CV, and statement of research skills and interests in one PDF document via email to Prof. Bernd Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org) February 15th, 2019.